Q | What is Travel Soccer and what are the benefits?
Q | How will my son or daughter be picked for a team?
All players are evaluated during these tryouts by the clubs coaches and placed on appropriate teams by the coaching staff. Situations do exist where there are not enough players to create a team. The Club will search the community or other clubs to fill a roster. In the event a team cannot be created, players will be placed on a waiting list until a position becomes available.
Q | How do I determine the right age group for my child?
The Capital District Youth Soccer Association has a matrix for determining which team your child will play on http://www.cdysl.org/agematrix.asp
Q | How good does a player need to be to play travel soccer?
Q | How much time commitment is required?
Q | Can my child play other sports while playing travel soccer?
Q | When and where do travel teams practice?
Q | Where and Who do SWSC teams play?
Teams play 2 – 3 indoor sessions at The Sportsplex of Halfmoon or AFRIM's in Latham between November – March.
Outdoor League Play
Teams play outdoors in the Capital District Youth Soccer League (CDYSL) from late April through the end of June with games on weekends and during the week depending on the age level. Most travel is generally in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer and Warren Counties. Some common opponents include Clifton Park, Ballston Spa, Guilderland, Colonie, Latham, Bethlehem, Henry Hudson and Burnt Hills.
Local and Regional Tournaments
Depending on the team age groups, some teams play 3-4 indoor and 3-4 outdoor tournaments during the season (these may require travel outside of the Capital Region (1.5 – 2 hours driving time).
Q | How many teams will the SWSC have in my son’s or daughter’s age group?
Q | How are teams formed and players selected for each team?
Q | How much does travel soccer cost?
- Club Registration Fee - $500 per player / Per Year to include:
- 22 indoor practice sessions (facility costs, insurance fees, equipment ie.goals, balls, training aids etc.
- Capital District Youth Soccer and Eastern New York Youth Soccer fees
- Capital District Youth Soccer outdoor spring league play (includes field costs, referee fees, field lining, field maintenance)
- Administrative fees (website costs, online registration, office supplies, mailing costs etc)
- $400-$1000 estimated - Typically costs are higher for older teams because of more travel related games and tournaments.
- Uniform Kit ($50-$90)
- Coach/trainer fees
- Indoor league fees (Sportsplex or Afrim's)
- Tournaments ($25.00 to $75 per player per tournament)
- Extra Indoor Practice Fees